Key Highlights of Bilateral Relationship between India and Lebanon (Updated on October 2014)
· Outbound : 15378 (2011)Related link :
The Embassy of India in collaboration with Institute of Islamic Art & Architecture in Lebanese American University organized an exhibition of photographs shot by Binoy K. Behl on “Islamic Monuments in India” from 2nd-10th October 2014. The inauguration of the exhibition was preceded by a lecture given by Mr. Ratish Nanda, India Projects Director, Aga Khan Historic Cities Programme, Aga Khan Trust for Culture, on the project for the restoration of Humayun’s tomb.
Sonam Kalra and the Sufi Gospel Project became the first group to Beirut under the Cultural Exchange Agreement between India and Lebanon. The visit was sponsored by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and the Lebanese Ministry of Culture provided local hospitality. The group performed on 2nd October at the UNESCO Palace in Beirut in the presence of Mr. Mohammad Machnouq, Minister of Environment, other dignitaries and an audience of around 800 people.
India and Lebanon enjoy cordial and friendly relations based on many complementarities such as political system based on parliamentary democracy, non-alignment, human rights, commitment to a just world order, regional and global peace, liberal market economy and a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit. In the light of such commonalities, there is good potential for strengthening ongoing bilateral ties.
Indian Diaspora in Lebanon:
· Total Indian Community: 10000 (February 2010)
India’s trade with Lebanon:
· Export (US$ Million): 118.9 (April-August 2014)
· Import (US$ Million): 20.31 (April-August 2014)
· Total (US$ Million): 139.21 (April-August 2014)
· Trade Balance (US$ Million): 98.59 (April-August 2014)
Bilateral Investment with Lebanon
· Investment inflows (US$ Million): 0.77 (2014-upto July 2014)
· Investment outflows (US$ Million): Nil (August 2014)
Bilateral Tourism with Lebanon
Bilateral Agreement with Lebanon
- CULTURAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN INDIA AND LEBANON (April 07, 1997)
Sonam Kalra And The Sufi Gospel Project underr the Cultural Exchange Agreement between India and Lebanon